Sunday 29 April 2012

Marilyn still remembers...

Last week after Food For Life I was sweeping up after the lunch time serve out, when a woman came for lunch. Unfortunately we had distributed all the prasadam for that day and was dissapointed that there was none left, as this was her 3rd time she had tried to come. I said I was sorry and told her our opening times. She left and then came back. "You're back!" I exclaimed. And then she said "I joined the Hare Krsnas in Toronto many years ago and lived in temples around the world. While I was driving here, I was remembering the Tulasi Prayers and Idam purnam....you know, you never forget these songs...it's really amazing." At this point my jaw had dropped to the floor and I asked her if she had personally met or seen Srila Prabhupada and she said that she did see Him in Toronto. I was jumping up and down and completely amazed! Here in Whangarei, a small town in Nz I get to meet this woman who personally saw Srila Prabhupada and who still can sing Tulasi Prayers! Thank you Srila Prabhupada, for blessing us all with Your Transcendental darshan!

No comments:

Post a Comment